Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Moments with Emma ...

There is never a dull moment when you spend any amount of time with my 4 year old Emma. She has quite the personality, which comes from me, so I am told. She is always talking, asking questions, or just entertaining us with her humor. Here are a few conversations that we have had in the last few days ....

(In the car on the way to school to pick up the kids)
Mom, where do aliens live?
Aliens don't live any where. They are pretend, sweetie.
No, I mean do they live on our planet?
No, they are not real.
No, mom, you don't understand. I mean, do they live in outer space?
No Aliens. Really. No Aliens Anywhere!!
Ugh, I really wanted to meet one.

(This conversation took place in our living room)
Mom, when am I going to get a boyfriend?
Never!! Ok, not for a very, very long time!
Mom, I want Andrew to be my boyfriend. (Andrew is her cousin's boyfriend) Oh, wait. I think he is married to Lindsey.

No, they are not married. They are just dating.
(she smiles)
When I get to be a mom, can I marry Andrew?
Sweetie, you probably have not even met the man that you are going to marry. I didn't meet your daddy until college.

(slight pause to think) Mom, who is your boyfriend?
My boyfriend is Daddy!
No mom, he is your husband, not your boyfriend!!

(In the car on the way to school to workout)
Mom, are you going running?
Yes.
Can I run with you. I need to make sure that I don't get fat!
(laughing) I don't think you have anything to worry about, sweetie!


Emma, I love that you make me laugh. Thank you for your sweet smile and personaility. You brighten my day and I love being your mommy! Love ya!



No comments: