Saturday, June 25, 2016

Moving ... Not for the faint of heart

Moving ... Fourteen years ago when we survived our first move, I told my husband that I never wanted to move again.  It is so much work and no matter how hard you try to simplify the process, it is stressful!!  We keep telling ourselves, baby steps.  Every box we pack, every trip to the storage unit, and every bag of trash we throw away, gets us closer to the finish line.  We are shocked with the amount of stuff that we have accumulated over the years.  I am convince that our stuff duplicates when we sleep.  It seems like a never ending mountain.  In the midst of the chaos, I find myself sad about leaving this home.  It has been a blessing in so many ways.  The memories that we have made in this house are many.  We brought four babies home from the hospital to this home. Kallie was only 2 weeks old when we moved in.  I remember the first time we meet our amazing neighbors.  A sweet and loving family from school that have become like family to us.  We would love to pack them up and take them with us.  Zoey (our dog) would love that.  She gets totally spoiled!  Our home has been filled with family and friends, celebrations, times of joy and times of sorrow.  I don't think my husband and I would of thought that we would be raising six kids in this home, which is the reason that we are moving.  We need more room.  I know that our new home will bring us a new set of amazing memories, but as I pack and stress out about getting everything packed in time, I will cherish the memories that I have and look forward to the new memories to come.  Home is where your heart is.  I guess it is time to get back to work ... We will survive!


Our old home.
 Our new home!

No comments: