Thursday, June 16, 2016

Five Years Later ... Baby, Full Time Job, Moving ... The Adventure Continues

Wow! It has been a while since my last post.  A lot has changed in the McElroy Family in the last 5 years.  Our biggest change is our newest addition to the family.  Reece Micah Rex was born on June 5, 2015.  He shares a birthday with his big sister Emma.  (She loves it!)  He was a huge, unbelievable, an amazing surprise that we were not expecting.  My "baby" Tanner is 9 so we thought we were way past the baby stage.  I guess God has a special sense of humor.  Didn't see that coming.  Reece has blessed us beyond our wildest imaginations.  I can't fathom life without our little miracle.  He is the best baby ever.  We just celebrated his first birthday.  Lots of cake and frosting everywhere, but what a fun day!!

I am currently working full time as a 4th grade teacher.  I just finished my 4th year.  It has been  challenging at times, but I love teaching.  I had the opportunity to teach Emma this year.  It is always a joy when I get to teach my kids.  Next year, I will have Tanner in my class.  I thought that would be the start of retirement, but Reece has changed that plan.  I have a few years before I get to teach him.

We are currently in the middle of selling our home and moving to a larger home.  These kids keep growing no matter how many times I tell them to stop and stay young.  As I look back over past posts and share them with the kids I am amazed at the many blessings that God has blessed me with.  What an unexpected adventure.  This is just the beginning ....



No comments: