Sunday, February 22, 2009

I need to get out!!!!

It has been one of those weeks at the McElroy house. Monday we spent the day bowling and taking the kids to McDonalds, a special treat due to a much needed break from school. Don't get me wrong, it was great spending time with the family, but at the end of the day, I was wiped out. I was looking forward to a relaxing Tuesday. The kids had another plan. Once again the unpredictable weather in Michigan has plagued our house with horrible colds. We just had this and it is back!!!! I feel like I am going crazy!! If I have to wipe another snotty nose or get another nose wiped on me, I will be at the breaking point. Plus, the wonderful disposition of my children, really add the icing on the cake. I just want winter to be over so I can send everyone outside to get some fresh air. It is now Sunday morning, and I have not left the house since Monday. I really need to get out and see some people. Adults! Anyone! I need a Starbucks and Target!! When Steve gets home from church, I will quickly escape. I love being a Mom!! (just thought I would throw that in) There has been some highlights this week. Let me share a few ....
.. i got to cuddle with my two year old who is always on the go and never has time to cuddle
.. i had a much needed heart to heart with my daughter kallie, i love you princess
.. amazing amounts of laundry got done, with my husbands help, bless you!
.. i got the house cleaned, even though i could clean it again
..a precious friend came over to visit and encourage me
.. i watched a couple of girly movies
.. i sang every song i could think of to Tanner to calm him down, he didn't even laugh at mom's lack of singing ability
.. i read many, i mean many, books to my sick kids
.. i received many hugs and kisses, snotty nose and all
.. my oldest son told me i looked pretty

I guess my week was not so bad after all...

1 comment:

Becky @ Our Sweet Peas said...

I am so sorry it has been such a rough week. I feel bad that I wasn't able to come over but between us being sick and your family it was probably a good thing. See if Steve can watch the kids Tuesday and come to Tom's class. Maybe we can hit Starbucks after for something low in fat and calories as to not ruin the workout :) BTW I love that Hayden told you that you looked pretty. That is so cute! I am praying that you and yours have a healthy week!