Saturday, September 12, 2009

Confessions of an amateur runner

Wow!! Has it really been 11 days since I have blogged!! Life is crazy here!!

Today is RACE DAY for my 8k race in Flatrock!! I am excited and nervous! I had a weird injury to my lower calf last week and I have taken almost a full week off to recover. I know that I can go the distance, but my time might be off. It is a beautiful day. Perfect weather to run.

I have the privilege of running with some good friends, so that makes the race even better. Shout out to my friend Marla, who will not be joining us this race due to an injured knee. She is stubborn, like me, and insisted that she could still run, but that is not going to happen. She is not too happy. Sorry girl, we are going to miss you. Well, better go rest a while. Need my energy for the race. I will post the results soon.

No comments: