Monday, September 21, 2009

Confessions of an amateur runner ...

Race Update: 8k Flatrock
The race was a complete success!! The weather was beautiful! My ankle felt great during the race and my legs were so fresh due to my time off. I beat my time by almost 2 minutes!! Yes!! Gotta love that. I got 3rd place in my age group (3rd out of 5, but who cares, right?) Maybe one of these times, I will get 1st in my age group. It is a goal anyway. There was one down side to the race. I felt a blister coming on during the second mile and by the fourth mile, I was desperately trying to think of anything else. When I got home, this is what I found ...

Gross!! right. No women's foot should look like this. I keep trying to tell my husband that it is time for new shoes. He still needs some convincing. Maybe, next month ...

Post race picture. I look tired, but happy. Another race completed. Success.

No comments: