Friday, September 25, 2009

Our God Hears our Prayers ...

The last 24 hours have been a whirlwind of emotions. I found out yesterday afternoon that our dear friend's daughter Hannah (6) was critically ill and in the pediatric ICU fighting for her life. My heart just broke for our friends and their dear family. Prayers, phone calls, e-mails, and facebook, kept us updated as we waited and watched for the hand of God to heal this little angel. As a mother of 5 little ones, my heart was broken. This family needed a touch from God. They needed His peace and comfort. Being out of state, you feel helpless, but praise God that prayers can be heard wherever we are. I prayed multiple times during the day and let as many Christian friends and family know so that they could lift her up in prayer. I called my parents that evening (in Idaho) and caught them at dinner with another couple from their church. My parents told me that they would pass it on to their church and that after they got off the phone, the four of them would pray at dinner for this little girl. Tears filled my eyes as I thought about the blessings of the body of Christ. Our hearts our linked together and they immediately took the time to pray. God has answered our prayers and Hannah is doing much better. The doctors are hoping to she will be able to leave the ICU soon. Praise God!!! Thank you, Lord for hearing our cries. Your healing power is real and we are once again reminded how awesome our God is. My heart rejoices tonight and I am blessed by the prayers of God's people. Amen!!!

No comments: