Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Emma the Chatterbox ...

Look at those precious eyes! So sweet, so intense! That pretty much describes my little Emma. She does nothing half way. Her new love ... words... lots and lots of words. Now, I am sure this is not a new trait, but I believe that the intensity has been kicked up a notch. Yesterday, I actually told her to close her mouth and try not to talk. (It did not work) She just smiled at me and said, "Oh mom, you are so funny!" Here is a small sample of the things that she felt needed to be said.

Things that must be said, according to Emma McElroy, age 4.

"Mommy, you are the best hugger ever!" (a few seconds later) .."just kiddin, mom"

"Mom, mom, MOM!! I feel like I must be starving!!!"

"Mom, how many more days until Christmas? It is taking so forever!!"

"Mom, no more ponytails in my hair. I mean it!" (attitude adjustment needed)

"Mom, your hair looks like a boy!"

"Mom, look no twists." (a response to her constant twisting of her hair, a daily battle)

(in the car) "Mom, mom, MOM! Why is that human walking outside? Does she have a car? Doesn't she know that driving is faster than walking!"

I wonder where chatterbox gets it. (Somewhere right now, my mother is laughing)

No comments: