Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Our new, little house guest ...

Last night at 11:30pm, I walked into our kitchen to grab a water bottle and found this surprise waiting for me ...




Yes, I did what any normal person would do in this situation...
Scream like a little girl, "STEVE, STEVE HELP!!!!"
He tries to tell me that there is not much he can do without a mouse trap. I was not wanting to hear that, "just get it!" So at 11:30pm, Steve (my knight in shining armor) goes to Meijer to get a trap for this unwanted house guest. I did not want to be left at the house, alone with that thing, but the kids were asleep and I thought it would not be a good idea to leave them alone. A few minutes after Steve left, "our friend came back." (As you probably imagined, after my scream, the mouse scurried back behind the stove) I had to keep an eye on it, so I quietly went to retrieve my camera to get a closer look. (I couldn't get a good look, because I was hiding between the living room and the kitchen. I know, what a wimp!) I got pictures so that I could later positively ID the intruder. Steve comes home later with an arsenal of mouse killing products. I guess he doesn't like the thought of this thing in our house either. :)
Steve just laughed when I showed him the pictures. Why??

I guess I am not the only one who can't resist the urge for a late night chocolate snack.
Chocolate chip cookies, loved by all ....

1 comment:

LauraC said...

Glad you are joining the challenge! And your first half, WOW!

I can not believe you took pics of the mouse. I don't think I would have had the courage to do it. We had a mouse in our house in Chicago and we never could trap that thing. It crawled into Jon's stocking one year and ate all his Christmas candy by eating through the wrappers!!!