Tuesday, June 15, 2010

A Much Needed Update ...

How has it been over a month since I have written on my blog!! My life was suppose to get easier when school got out. What was I thinking? Entertaining 5 kids all day long is impossible! I am already running out of ideas, my house is always a wreck (can't keep up with them), and I am still crazy busy! Why am I surprised... Well, here is a quick update on our lives ...

As I mentioned earlier, school is out for the summer!!! Yes! I was hoping to have all this time on my hands to do the things I don't get around to, but it has not happened yet. I have been doing some reading, which I love and never have time for... that has been nice!

Soccer is finished for this season, but the fall season is right around the corner. Games start the end of August. I am looking forward to it. I love watching my kids play. Tanner loved his first season and is ready to go again. Kallie's team made it to the semi-final game and lost. She was pretty bummed, but she played so good this season. We are so proud of you, girl!!! She is becoming quite the soccer player. It is so fun to watch her play.

Our days are filled with play dates, sports camps, and going to open houses for those friends that just graduated. It is lots of fun, but busy. We have enjoyed beautiful weather, so we have been outside a lot. I don't like leaving the kids outside by themselves so I have been involved in all the summer fun: slip-n-slide, pool, trampoline, swings, water fights. It is never ending fun at our house, or never ending craziness, depending on how you look at it.

I am in training for the next few months of races. I have one in July in Taylor and Kal is going to join me. She is very excited about running in her first 5K. Training is slow going ... our first training session was not good. She is having a hard time understanding that running too fast at the beginning is going to ruin your endurance for the end. I know she is able to run 3 miles, I just have to convince her to do it mommy's way. Easier said than done!! Pray for me. I don't know if I am a good enough trainer. I need more patience!!!

Steve and I have started P90X together. It has been fun, but hard to find the time to get it in. We have done a few workouts late at night just to get them in. I think he is enjoying it!! I have been pretty sore this time around and I am trying to tell myself it is because I am using heavier weights and running with it, but it may be that my body is just fighting me. Trying to get these last 20 pounds off is killing me. My body is holding on to them with a death grip. It is getting a little frustrating. I am pretty competitive, so bring it on!!!

There is our update... So riveting, I know. More to come. Soon. Really. I promise!!!

No comments: