Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Rylee Gets a Visit from the Tooth Fairy





Rylee has been informing us every few days that her front tooth is loose. She messes with that poor tooth all the time. Waiting for it to fall out has been torture!!! Yesterday, as she was checking out its progress, tells me that it is really, really loose and now it is bleeding a little bit. I smiled and told her that this is normal and that her tooth would be coming out soon. A few minutes later, she comes charging outside screaming that she lost her tooth. Yes, there was screaming, laughing, jumping, etc. Part of having a girl, I guess. I never seen anyone so excited about a tooth. She makes me smile. Rylee has such a sweet spirit. Everything is done with enthusiasm and passion. You can't help but me sucked in. It is wonderful. As we congratulated her as a family we learned that Kallie was the one that convinced Rylee to let her pull it out. Brave girl!! I would not let Kallie anywhere near my mouth. They were so sweet, though. Hugging, laughing and telling the story over and over to the other kids. It was a big event in our home. After dinner, as the kids were getting ready for bed, Rylee comes tearing into our room to inform us that Kallie pulled out another tooth. Two teeth lost in a matter of hours!!! Wow!! Rylee was thrilled. We got a baggie and put the tooth under her pillow so that she would get a visit from the tooth fairy. I tried to tell her that the Tooth Fairy goes on vacation in June so she was out of luck, but she didn't buy it. Hayden made sure to tell me that the Tooth Fairy never goes on vacation. Ok, busted!!! It was a memoral night, for sure. Never a dull moment around here!

No comments: