Thursday, October 29, 2009

I Need Chocolate.. lots of Chocolate!

Where do I begin ... Today was just one of those days. Overwhelming would be an understatement. I will let you judge.

7:30am Wake up (if you can even call it that, more like roll out of bed and groan)
Running behind already. What a great start to my day. Have Dr. appointments set up for my kids this morning and this afternoon. (5 kids can't be seen at the same time, it is the policy)

8:10am Get kids and dad out the door, late and stressed. A few minutes to get ready before our 9:30am appointment.

8:55am Realize that my purse (w/ keys and wallet inside) is in my husband's van, driving into school. Call hubby and ask if he can bring it home. (yes, he can squeeze it in before his first class)

9:20am Arrive at our doctors and everyone in Southgate has an appointment today. "What, it is 9:20 in the morning!!"

9:30 - 10:15am Wait.. wait... wait... more waiting. (how backed up can you be?)

10:30am Trying to convince Hayden (10), Emma (4), and Tanner (3) that they probably won't have shots today. Just a physical. Eye test (so funny with Tanner, still a little shaky on shapes), pee in a cup (really?) Then the bomb dropped : 2 shots for all three kids, just to get them "up to date". Now the wailing starts, I start sweating. Who do I comfort first? Hayden (10) goes first: for those of you who don't know Hayden, this is a nightmare for him. He gets so nervous. He hates the doctors. He gets the shots and is fighting me and I am trying to hold him w/o scaring the others. He screams after the shot. Blood curdling!! It scared me!! I gave him the look and then turned my attention to Emma who is cowering behind the examination table. She tells me before the nurse gets in, "don't tell the nurse where I am.." (this is between sobs and wails) She gets poked and cries and then keeps crying all the way to the car and on the road to school, because her feelings are hurt. Tanner(3) did the best. He cried, but then stopped when the nurse pulled out the lollipop. Thank you Tanner, mommy loves you!!

10:45am Going through the drive through at McDonald's to get hot fudge sundays and lunch. (Don't judge. It was my bribe)

11:00am Shoving food in my mouth so that I will make it to recess duty at 11:30am.

11:30 - 12:30 Recess duty at school. Usually goes fine, but today they have inflatables in the gym. So fun!! The kids love it, but it gets crazy, loud, and the kids forget every rule and how to listen.

12:45 - 1:30 Go over to dad's office at school because I don't have time to go home before I have to pick up the other 2 kids from school and take them to the doctors. (i know, what was i thinking!!)

1:50 Arrive at the doctors for our 2:00 appointment and we walk into a crowd of people. Standing room only. They are over 1 hour behind. Shoot me now!!!!

3:15 3:15, did you see that, 3:15 we get called back to the room. My kids could of finished their school day!! I was not happy! I was trying to be a good Christian. It was tough. We had a sweet nurse, so that helped.

3:15-4:00 Kal and Rylee are both healthy, look great. They love the doctors. Thank you, girls!! Kal needs a shot (great) We discuss the level of pain for this shot for 15 minutes, fret over the details (she has to have every detail, and asks every questions in the book) She gets the shot and doesn't make a sound. Her response, "that's it!! Are you sure?" I rolled my eyes and told her that mom knows some stuff. Listen and believe next time!!!

4:15 Back in the drive through for hot fudge sundays. Life must be fair and equal, right?? :)

4:30 Pull in the driveway. Home sweet home. Before I open the door, Steve calls (hubby) I need to pick up the other kids at school, he is running the clock for the Volleyball game.

4:30 - 6:00 At the gym getting the kids, watching the game, running on the treadmill, trying to de-stress and get a workout in.

6:30 Back home. Shower. Sit. A kid comes up ( I don't even know who) "Mom what is for dinner?" AHHHHHHHHHHHH I need Chocolate!!! Lots of Chocolate!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Becky @ Our Sweet Peas said...

Wow, what a day! The good news is you will get chocolate tomorrow night! :)

If you are noticing that I am up at 2 am it is b/c my kids like to cry and wake me and then my brain keeps me up. Yuck. Off to bed but I hope that today is an easier day for you! :)