Monday, October 5, 2009

Red October Race

WE DID IT!!! The weather was not great, but it could of been much worse. It was in the mid 50's and the rain was mild. It was a little refreshing as we were running. As always, we had a great time. Spending time with my friends is well worth the training and the questionable weather. We arrived around 8:45 to get Lauren, Marla, and Nikki ready for the one mile race. It rained the hardest when they were running. Poor girls!! We were prepared with our ponchos. Nikki ran the 5k after her one mile race with her daughter. Go girl!! The 10k started at 9:50, so we had time to hit the port-a-potties and pray for a break in the rain. I felt great during the race. No gross blisters to show you this time, sorry! I was surprised how good I felt. The race went by quickly and I crossed the finish line at 1:02:50!! I beat my last time by almost 8 minutes!! I was so happy!! My goal is to improve my time. My daughter, Kallie does not agree with this strategy. She asked me where I placed, and when I told her that I placed 9th out of 12 in my age bracket, she said," mom, you did awful!" I need to time you when you run." Apparently, the top three should be my goal. She wants me to bring home a trophy next time. :) Maybe someday!! FYI - the top time in my age group was 49:50. I was not even close!!


I look a little too happy!!

Potty break?

At the stating line!

Pre-race pics!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you!!! I wish I was there to run with you guys:-)

FYI- My time would be 2:59 which would make your score most awesome!!

-Valerie Pfeifer