Sunday, February 7, 2010

Where have I been .....

How has it been over a month since I have written on my blog! Life must be crazy, but this is nothing new. Here is an update on what you have missed ...

I made a few New Year's Resolutions, some I am failing (like writing on my blog each day) and some that I am following. Yeah me. I talked myself into running a 1/2 marathon in April. I know what you are thinking, "she is crazy," but I really think that I can do it. I needed a real challenging goal to get me ready for 2010. What is more challenging than running 13.1 miles! Wow!! You are right, I might be crazy!!! Oh, well! The goal has been set and the training is underway. I called my sister for moral support, she ran her first 1/2 marathon last year. She gave me a great training plan and I am proud to say that I have been following it! I have run into a few bumps in the road, but nothing too serious. My first roadblock came a few days ago, when the flu hit our home. In a family of 7, it is a miracle if you escape the bug. I was not so fortunate. I have been in bed for 2 days and am starting to feel normal today. I told myself that maybe I could get in a few miles today to make up for missing 2 days of training. I quickly changed my mind when going up and down the stairs to get the laundry has made me winded. I guess my energy has not yet returned. I start week #6 of my 12 week training on Monday so I am praying for strength to get through Monday's workout.

So that has pretty much been my life for the last month. Training, being a wife, mom, teacher, and super hero. My days are packed. Hopefully, life will slow a little so that I can record it and remember these crazy, busy days. Talk to you soon!

1 comment:

Kari said...

What a DARLING family you have! Thanks for becoming a follower of my blog :)