Saturday, December 20, 2008

34 is not old, right?


34 is young, at least that is what I keep telling myself. On Friday, December 19th I turned 34. How did that happen! Where did the time go? My birthday was wonderful!! It began with Hayden, Kallie, Rylee, and Emma singing "Happy B-day to Mommy". Tanner was there providing the dancing to go along with the music!! We were spending our morning getting ready to send the kids to school to enjoy their last day of school before Christmas Break. Steve was outside, trying to find the car under the large amount of snow that had fallen the night before. We were a little surprised that school was not canceled!! After the troops left, I called daycare to let them know that Rylee wanted to spend the day with mommy and I was greeted with the answering phone message that daycare was closed due to the weather. I immediately called Steve and told him to turn around, school was canceled. (We have always gotten a call in the past, so we didn't check the website. A lesson we have now learned!!) But do not worry, it was not a total loss, mom got a birthday mocha for breakfast!! Yum!! The kids were so excited when they got home. We spent the morning on the couch watching a movie with the whole family. I opened my presents and received a digital photo frame (love it!) and a set of puzzles from the kids. Now I could spend the day being lazy and doing a puzzle. It was wonderful. Steve was busy on the phone trying to figure out if they could play the b-ball games that were scheduled for that night. I was praying that they would get canceled so that I could go out to dinner with my husband!! My wish was granted!! It was a birthday miracle!! We enjoyed a lovely dinner then went to my favorite store, Target, and shopped. (My husband must really love me) I had a perfect day. As I look back over this last year, I'm reminded that I am not just getting a year older, I am getting the privilege of spending more time with those that I love: my husband, my children, my family, my friends. What greater gift is there!!

1 comment:

Becky @ Our Sweet Peas said...

No, of course 34 is not old! Especially since I will be that age in a year and a half:) Happy Birthday!