Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!!

2009 is officially here!! I love the feeling of a clean slate. A new year to change bad habits, make needed improvements, and look forward to what God has for my life this year. I always make New Year Resolutions!! Some work out, others not so much. At least I will attempt to start out in the right direction. I am determined this year to get these last 20 pounds off!! I started Power 90X today. In 90 days I will be bursting with muscles. At least that is what they say can happen. I will settle for 20 pounds lighter, toned muscles, and arms that don't look like a grandma. I have high hopes!! My body is already telling me that it is starving, but I keep reminding it that there is plenty of fat to eat, just find it! There are many more things that I want to change this year, but I won't bore you with the details. My list is probably very similar to yours. As I was mapping out my goals this week, the Lord gently reminded me that change is good, but that I needed to focus on others instead of completely on me. (Ouch!!) I asked the Lord to help me and my new goals are to focus on my relationships. My relationship with my Savior, my husband, my kids, and my friends. This should give me plenty to work on. I want to look back on 2009 and see closer relationships with those special people that God has placed in my life. Less selfish, more giving to those around me. It won't be easy, but these things never are. Hopefully, those closest to me will start to see some changes. If not, point me back in the right direction. After all, that is one of the main reasons that God placed you in my life. Walking together in this journey makes this life richer. Happy New Year to you. May this year be filled with growth, success, and joy.

1 comment:

Becky @ Our Sweet Peas said...

Stephanie! As always you are an inspiration. Are you sure you can find 20 more pounds to lose?? You look great. How awesome was Tom's message last week having to do with the New Year. Yikes! Say a prayer for Jared and I as we get back on the "healthy" bandwagon.