Friday, June 12, 2009

Never a dull moment ...


Tanner's face says it all!! So much fun ...

Yes, you are not seeing things, that is a trampoline in our backyard! Steve talked me into getting it for the kids to play on this summer. I did what any mom would do, "but none of the kids have ever had a broken bone, we are asking for it!" He convinced me that it would be fine and besides we have the protective netting to keep them from falling. ( The netting is missing from the pics, but it was installed the next day. We are not totally crazy!)
I was worried that Tanner would be too small to really enjoy it. Wrong!! He loves it! It is so fun to watch him jump and fall and then get back up. The whole time he is laughing while trying to catch his breath. It has been a huge hit! The kids are on it all the time. Bonus, they are getting exercise!! Mom loves this part. When I am running out of time for my workout during the day, I make sure to go outside and play on the trampoline. It is fun!! So far, no injuries, besides the occasional collision of bodies. The only downside so far is the amount of dirty socks that I am washing or tossing. They take their shoes off to play and then get off for a break and run around outside in their socks. We are working on this!! They are learning at a slow pace.
Now, when the kids get too loud, I just tell them, go outside and jump on the trampoline!!! They love it and mom gets some quiet. Well, sort of ....

1 comment:

Becky @ Our Sweet Peas said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! I hope that you are having an awesome vacation!