Saturday, June 6, 2009

Yes, I am still alive!

For my faithful few followers, yes, I am still in the land of the living! It has been one of those weeks! School is out, so the fun can begin, right? Wrong!!! How am I so busy!!! I have been in garage sale mode all week, getting ready for this weekend. It is so much work, way too much work. I have to go through every room, clean and organize (which I secretly love) then pull items for the sale. I get to listen to the kids whine about how mommy is getting rid of their toys, and how they can't live without these toys. Toys that they have not touched for months!! Please. Next, mommy turns into crazy woman who wants them to put every thing back where they found it so the house stays clean and organized. This is a lost cause with 5 kids. I am determined to teach them. One day my house will stay clean longer than a few hours. It is a dream anyway. Now off to the garage to organize the mound of stuff that I have collected and price everything. How come I always manage to get to this step the day before. Nothing like going to bed at 1:00am and getting up at 7:00am to set up!! Now, the easy part!! Smile. Be friendly. And sell. Move the merchandise. Give deals. Make some extra cash for vacation. Pray for great weather! I have everything ready. I could not of asked for a better day. It was beautiful!! Now, wait for the customers (Hayden's name for the buyers). We wait and wait and wait. It was a slow, slow day. I kept telling my friend Keri, that we would have more on Saturday. So we enjoyed the day and talked.

Saturday: Setup went quickly. The weather was beautiful. I was on my last batch of goodies for the bake sale and we were ready to sell.

If Friday was slow, Saturday was dead. We had only 4 "customers" come through by 12:00pm. I was not happy. It was not like we were not selling. Most people that came through, bought something. We just needed more people. I was convinced that having the sale during the Taylor city-wide garage sale week was going to really bring in the crowds. It backfired!! There were so many sales to go to that we had too much competition. Bummer!! Will I ever do this again? My answer today is "NO WAY!!" I will come to my senses tomorrow!!

My competitive nature won't let me give up, so I will continue my sale for a few more days, weather permitting! After all that work, I am not quitting!!

Thank you for letting me vent, I feel better. I am so tired. Off to bed!

No comments: