Saturday, April 25, 2009

The Best Day Ever!!!


In the words of my daughter, Rylee, "this is the best day ever!" We were blessed with a beautiful, sunny day in Michigan. We decided to take in every moment. The morning started with soccer practice then off to the bank. Next, we headed to get Kal's haircut. This is always a treat. Getting to act like a grown-up is an added bonus. Target, God's store, is next on the agenda, trying to get shorts for my girls that will actually fit. Let me just say that it really bothers me that most of the shorts that I find for my girls are way too short. Why do I want my 7 year old to have her booty hanging out. Please!! Praise God that Bermuda shorts are in. My lifesaver!! We found some shorts that passed the modesty test and mommy headed to get a Starbucks!! Two of my favorite things in one store. Gotta love it!!! Off to get some groceries before my son Hayden melts down. He was ready to be done shopping!! We get home and grill out and the kids are thrilled that we are eating outside. Something about eating a meal outside is much more exciting than eating inside. Fresh air never felt so good. After lunch/dinner, I had to sit back and smile. Our backyard was covered in every outside toy we own. Every ball, bike, bat, etc. was laying on the ground or being used by one of my children. Tanner was in heaven. He was covered in dirt and having the time of his life. This summer, I will never get him to come inside!! To end our perfect day, the kids convinced dad to have a bonfire and make smores. What a mess!! This tasty treat is impossible to not get everywhere. After, I attempted to clean up, we played "King Elephant" as a family. (King Elephant is a rhythm game where you follow a pattern, while making animal shapes.) As you can imagine, it was hysterical. Our kids are a little young for this game, but they love to play it. It is a family tradition. I played it with my family when I was a kid. It was good times. After we attempted the game, we tried to sing campfire songs. Our poor neighbors. I can only imagine what we sounded like. Oh well, it was fun!! The kids were having a blast. Our day ended with popcorn and a movie. Wow! It was the best day ever!!!