Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Easter!!!








Happy Easter!! I know what you are all thinking: wasn't Easter yesterday? Yes, it was, but I have sick kids again and I am running a day behind. I need you guys to humor me!
Our Easter was wonderful!! My kids woke up at 6:40am ready to do their Easter egg hunt. We told them "Go back to Bed"!! We held the kids off until about 7:30 and then just gave up. The kids had a blast finding eggs. There was crazy running around and lots of screams of delight. Tanner was having a different reaction. He found an egg, opened it, and wanted the candy inside. We gave him one piece and tried to convince him to keep looking - while he still had a chance of finding any. He took one look at his chocolate bunny, raised it to dad and made a grunting sound. We told him he could eat it later and he was not happy. He looked at his siblings running around the house like crazy people and thought, "you do know that when you find all these eggs, mom and dad are not going to let you eat all this candy. What is the fun of this!" During breakfast, I overheard dad talking to the kids about the importance of Easter. It blessed my heart to hear them ask dad questions and to be thankful for our Savior dying for our sins and then raising from the dead. Their child-like faith is an encouragement to me. We all froze on the way to church because mom decided that we would dress cute and springy even though we live in Michigan. Flip-flops, shorts, skirts, and short sleeves, but they looked so cute. I told them when we get to church, we will be warm. At church, we enjoyed a wonderful service. It was a packed house!! I love Easter morning!! There is a special joy and hope that is all around. We all focus on what is really important, Our Savior and what He has done for us.
After church, it was off to Papa and Grandma's house for food and more treats. We ate, rested, visited, and watched a movie! What a wonderful day!

1 comment:

Becky @ Our Sweet Peas said...

OK for some reason this post didn't show up on my google reader account. Weird? I hope that you guys are feeling better and regardless you are a step ahead of me b/c I haven't posted anything about Easter yet :) Love the pictures!