Wednesday, April 22, 2009

My thoughts ...

Have you ever had one of those days when you feel like you have run a marathon and nothing seems to get accomplished!! Today is one of those days!! This morning I had a plan to get a few projects done around the house, things that I have been putting off, but it is now evening and the projects are laughing at me!! I feel like I have been busy all day - What did I do? I think I survived the day!!

I am still recovering from being sick and my energy is zero!! You know it is bad when you climb a flight of stairs, with laundry basket in tow, and have to stop and rest. What is up with that. I really need to workout!!

My house is working against me. Every time I turn around, I find something else that needs to be picked up. I have asked myself many times today, "where did all these toys come from and why are they in my living room?" I swear my kids have something against their rooms. Their toys are so much more fun to play with in the living room. (The truth of the matter is that their rooms are so full of the mess they have created that instead of cleaning up a few things to make some room to play, they just move their mess to another spot!) It makes me a little crazy as you can see.

I did get a few loads of laundry done! Yeah me!! But, in a family of 7 a few loads doesn't even make a dent. I have a few more hours to get some more done. It is good to have a goal.

Wow!! Sorry! This is a depressing post. Let's look at the highlights of my day ....

-no one in my family threw up this morning - this is a highlight, I assure you!

-i received a hug and kiss from every member of my family, a true treasure

- a dear friend came to visit, to make sure i was still alive

- my husband brought me lunch

- tanner fell asleep in my lap and snuggled for about 45 minutes - he never does that anymore

- hayden was so thrilled to show me a flower that had bloomed in the yard, hello spring!

- LOST!! is on tonight - my fav

- for the moment, i am enjoying some peace and quiet (even though, i should be doing dishes) oh well!!

2 comments:

Becky @ Our Sweet Peas said...

I feel your pain! I am having a VERY unmotivated week this week! It always helps to look at the positives!

Jen said...

Some times we need bad days to help us remember all the good things in our lives.

BTW, your family is beautiful. It is nice to meet another MI blogger. :)