Thursday, August 20, 2009

Back to school ... yes!

It is that time of year again ... back to school. This year I am embracing the new school year with open arms. My kids are in need of some structure back into their lives. I am all for the fun of summer, but I also enjoy getting back into the routine.
Rylee (5) is starting K this year and she can't be more excited about it. Every morning she asks me if today is the day she gets to go to school. I hope this attitude continues throughout the school year. I am dreaming, I know!! She loves to learn and the thought of going to school like her brother and sister is a thrill.
Kallie is going into 2nd grade and she is playing it cool. She is giving her sis advice about school like she is going into high school. It is quite entertaining!! This year might prove to be a challenge. It is her first year going to school without her best friend, Julianne. The first few days will be rough. We are already praying!! We love and miss you girl!!
Hayden is a typical boy. Starting school is the last thing on his mind. The other day he told me, "wouldn't it be easier if I just didn't go to school?" I laughed and told him of course it would be easier, but what would be the fun in that. He was not too impressed with my humor!! Oh well!!

I am looking forward to having my house clean for more than 2 minutes during the day. Having 5 kids home all day turns my house into a disaster. Some days I feel like I am drowning!! Pick up after yourselves already!!! It is a lesson we are still learning. Learning at a very slow rate, I might add.
Tanner will be joining the troop this year and going to preschool 2 mornings a week. Wow!! Just think what I could get done with no kids 2 mornings a week. It makes me smile!!! The potential!!! So the countdown has begun... 5 more days until school starts. Yippy!!!

No comments: