Saturday, August 15, 2009

Wood Duck Dash My first 10k

I ran my first 10k this morning and I am still alive to blog about it!! We ran in the 4th Annual Wood Duck Dash at Lake Erie Metropark. It was a beautiful day, but very, very warm. To be honest, I think I prefer the rain. The sun beating down on you really zaps your energy. At the start of the race my legs felt pretty good. My friend Keri and I set a good pace from the beginning, but that sun gave me a headache and made me nauseous. At mile 3, I thought I might loose my breakfast. Praise God that did not happen! The route headed into the woods about that time, so the shade saved us. At one point, I told my buddy this was no "dash"! We had a good time and felt amazing when we crossed the finish line. Our goal was to finish without walking and we did. Next race in October, we will beat our time. We are praying for cooler weather, just not too cool!! I do want to run in a 1/2 marathon in the future, but I am not ready yet. Baby steps! Great job ladies! I am so proud of us!! I love that I get to share this with you. You inspire me and make it an adventure! Keri, I thank you for being my running partner. I could not of done this without you. You are my rock!! Can you believe how far we have come? It is awesome! Looking forward to many more races. Thank you, my friend!

1 comment:

Becky @ Our Sweet Peas said...

Yay! Good job Steph! I am proud of you guys!