Friday, July 10, 2009

A Conversation with Daddy ...


This morning Rylee and Emma came to our room and jumped into our bed, much too early. They are incapable of sleeping while laying still. Needless to say, our sleep time was over. When they can't sleep, they talk. Shocker!!! This was their conversation ...

Emma: (in a whinny voice) Rylee, are you still my best friend? Please!
Rylee: (a long, dramatic pause) Yes, you are my best friend.
Emma: Good!

Daddy: Rylee, am I your friend?
Rylee: No
Emma: You are not a kid!

Daddy: I can still be your friend and your Daddy. What is a friend?
Rylee: Someone you play with.

Daddy: I play with you. Anything else?
Rylee: Nope.

Mommy: Am I your friend?
Rylee and Emma: Yes!!

Daddy: Can I be your friend?
Rylee and Emma: Yes!

We might need to work on the definition of friendship, but we enjoy these conversations with our little girls. They are precious memories. We love you, girls!! You will always be our friends!!

1 comment:

Becky @ Our Sweet Peas said...

Awwww, they will be the greatest friends EVER! :)