Sunday, July 5, 2009

Flashback to my Childhood ...

At lunch today, I had a flashback to my childhood. My daughter, Emma was eating lunch and had to go to the bathroom. In a panic, she informs me and the table of kids (her brothers and sisters) that she was not finished with her food. Do not throw it away!! I had to laugh!! My youngest brother, David went through this very same thing. Being the baby in a family of 5 kids, he often felt the need to defend his food and announce to the family to leave his food alone if he left the table. One traumatic afternoon, the dog ate his food that he was not through with. Since that day, David would panic when he had to leave the table. We did mess with him and hide his food on more than one occasion. Yes, we were mean!!! He learned very quickly to defend his food. Emma will learn also. I resisted the need to hide her food. She is much too young to appreciate this. David, now that you are a father, I am sure you will have many life lessons to teach your kids!! I am convinced that this lesson will make the cut!!! Love ya, little brother!

1 comment:

Becky @ Our Sweet Peas said...

Awww, cute story! I passed a blog award onto you on my blog. Had fun last night! Alex is sick now but I SWEAR when they get healthy we are getting together.