Sunday, July 19, 2009

Two More Days ... Will I Make it!

Just 2 more days and vacation will be here. I can hardly wait. I am so excited, but also overwhelmed with what I still have left to do. How come the following things are always true before vacation ...

1. no matter how organized I try to be, I am always up until midnight the night before packing and getting last minute things done. (packing for 7 is a challenge)

2. my house is the messiest it has ever been and there is no way that I am going to get it cleaned so that I can come home to a clean home.

3. my laundry pile is growing, not getting smaller. (this happens most days, not just before a trip)

4. trying to get the kids to pick up and help mom out is like pulling teeth. They look at me like I am talking in a foreign language.

5. I would kill for the chance to nap, but who has time to nap...

6. I toss and turn at night, running through a list in my head of things that I cannot forget to do or bring on the trip.

7. my kids tell me that they don't feel good, what!!! this is not happening!!

8. I start having nightmares about the worst airplane flight ever.

9. I start practicing self control to deal with the stares and comments that we will get when people see that we are traveling with kids ... 5 kids... they must be crazy!!!

Clearly you are thinking that this lady desperately needs a vacation. Amen!! The stress before a trip is always worth it when we land and I get to see my family. The kids run up to grandma and papa and give them a big hug. The look on their faces when they see their grand kids. Priceless. I am so ready. Bring on the stress. I can handle it!! Here we come!!!

1 comment:

Becky @ Our Sweet Peas said...

If you handled that work-out today you can handle a little stress ;) You go Mom!