Saturday, July 18, 2009

Simply Saturday


My good friend Becky has inspired me to write this post. Go check her out. She is an amazing mom with two beautiful twin boys who adore her.

As I was thinking about what to write for my Simply Saturday post, I was stuck. Being a mom of 5 kids, not much in my life is simple. Crazy, busy, overwhelming at times, yes, but rarely simple. As always, my kids have inspired me to see and enjoy the simple things in life. This morning, like many Saturday mornings, my kids came into our room to wake us up and request breakfast. Rolling over and trying to ignore 5 kids is a bit of a challenge, but we always seem to try it. Soon a tickle fight had begun and our room was filled with the laughter and squeals of all 5 of my kids. They all love this. Daddy is the best at tickling them. Mommy just tries to make sure no one gets hurt or falls off the bed.

It is the simple things in life that show our kids that we love them. Spending time with them on Saturday morning is one of those simple things. They want our time and attention. They want to play with Daddy because Daddy is home today. They want to be together as a family. This doesn't take money or hours of planning, it just takes our time. Thank you kids for reminding mom and dad that time spent together shows the love that we have as a family. May we always remember this. We love you all so much. So what are we doing together today?

1 comment:

Becky @ Our Sweet Peas said...

Yay! Love this post! I also love that you called me "amazing". ;) J/K