Friday, July 3, 2009

Confessions of an amateur runner

This week I am learning how much of an amateur runner I really am. I am trying to get ready for my 5k race in Taylor this week. This should not be too hard because my last race was an 8k. Why, then do I feel like I am going backwards!!! I know that it doesn't help that I had to take 2 weeks off due to sickness. Let me tell you that it is shocking how much you lose in 2 weeks. I feel like a loser. My body is just not back to normal yet. What is taking so long? The voice in my head is saying, "you are getting old!" This is a great excuse until race day when a sixty-ish lady passes you. What!!!! Who cares that her body looks like she has been running way longer than me. I am half her age. It is depressing!!
I know that I can finish the race, but my goal is to beat my time. At this rate, I might only be looking at a few seconds faster. I want to shave a minute off, but I think I am dreaming! Start praying that I don't hurt myself trying to improve my time. The last thing I need is to trip and sprain my ankle during the race. I might be an amateur forever! Great!

1 comment:

Becky @ Our Sweet Peas said...

Hey, at least your doing it ;) I am proud of your efforts and you look GREAT! Love ya!