Friday, March 6, 2009

Always Speaking Her Mind!

Not a day goes by when I don't laugh at some words of wisdom that comes from Rylee's lips. This girl speaks her mind and holds nothing back. I have to admit, it is one of the many things about her that I love. It is refreshing to hear what is on the mind of a 5 year old, with little life experiences to hinder her opinions. We are trying to teach her the importance of tact, but it is a learning process. I sometimes find myself wishing for her boldness. It probably would not be quite as cute coming from an "old lady" like me!
Let me share with you some of her wisdom. She would be thrilled to know that she is making someone out there laugh!
* Said to her grandma while on vacation..
Grandma: "if you don't finish your chicken nuggets, we will be in a no cookie zone!"
Rylee: "what, you have got to be kiddin' me!"
* I was in the middle of a project of cleaning out our game closet and I had 2 trash bags full of garbage and donations sitting by the door. Rylee comes home from preschool and says, "Oh no, mom is stealing our toys again!"
* We are playing the Wii bowling game as a family and Rylee is killing us. She says,"that's what I am talking about!" With plenty of attitude. Where does she get that? I wonder!
* I was correcting her at the dinner table and told her to shut her mouth (stop talking) and finish her dinner. She whispered, under her breath, "you shut your mouth and finish your dinner." I told you her mouth could get her in trouble. We dealt with this and then had a long discussion about respect. (I told you that my kids are helping me practice Godly disciple :)
* Overheard conversation with her sister Emma:
Emma: I love chocolate!
Rylee: Chocolate is good, but too much makes your tummy full!
* Daddy comes home with lunch from Subway. Rylee shouts," Daddy, you got $5.00 footlongs!"
* Rylee telling me about her wisdom.
"Mom, I taught Emma how to pray. I got down on my knees and prayed for Miss Barb, Mr. Eddie, Jerry and the kids in school. Also, Liam - he is in the army. I showed her, mom!"
(I don't know a Mr. Eddie and the only Jerry I know is the neighbor's dog. So sweet!)
* Words of wisdom from mommy.
Mom: Emma, don't touch that food in the microwave. It is hot and will burn your fingers off! I
( I am a little dramatic. It gets the point across. Don't worry, I am working on it!)
Rylee: Mom, won't it burn your fingers off if you touch it.
Well, that is some of the wisdom that I get each and everyday and it is free. Don't you all wish that you had a five year old living in your house. What would I do without her!!!

1 comment:

Becky @ Our Sweet Peas said...

I love it. I didn't know this about her. Can I borrow her so that she can come over and tell me that chocolate will make my belly too full :)