Sunday, March 15, 2009

Finally, Some Sunshine!!

Finally, I am seeing a light at the end of the tunnel. Spring is coming!! I have had quite enough of winter, thank you very much!! Winter sickness has been plaguing our house and it hit again a few days ago. Two out of the five kids were sick and two more were coughing!! When I awoke yesterday to sunlight streaming into my window, I had to smile!! Thank you God! You always seem to know just what I need. In typical Saturday fashion, we had to run errands and go get groceries. My goal was to go running and enjoy the warming weather. At 6:15pm, we were heading home and I was running out of sunlight! Thanks to daylight savings time, (the only good thing) I had until about 7:45pm. I rushed home got changed and headed to the park. This was my first run since November. I usually take a short winter break, so I don't freeze to death!! I felt great!! My legs were strong, my knees felt strong, but my lungs were screaming, what are you doing! You are killing me!!" (See, even my lungs are dramatic) I slowed down a bit to catch my breath, but then told my body to suck it up! I was going to run the 2 full laps and I was not stopping! My time was a little slower, but I finished, feeling great!! It was worth it. I got my workout in, it was quiet and peaceful, and I got to enjoy the beautiful sunshine!!! What a great finish to my day!! Today, I am a bit sore, but it is worth it. This week it is going to hit the mid 60's. I will definitely find time to run this week! Welcome Spring!! You have been missed!

1 comment:

Becky @ Our Sweet Peas said...

Ahhh, don't you love Spring? I was at Mindy's last night but got your message when we got home. I meant to tell you that today and completely forgot. I am glad you enjoyed your run. I actually got on the treadmill this week to see if I could still handle a mile and I am glad to say I can. Now I just need to build up to 3 for the July 5K.