Sunday, March 1, 2009

My New Talent - Hair Surgeon

For all those moms out there reading this, I need your HELP!!! My sweet, little angel, Emma (3) has developed a horrible habit of twisting her hair. It started about a year ago and I thought that we had finally got it under control, but I was so wrong!! Her hair is beautiful! Soft and thin, but so pretty with natural highlights. Hair that you would love to have. I have told her often how blessed she is. But she is ruining it!!!! I have now added a new talent to my duties as mommy - "hair surgeon." I have to take a brush, comb, and scissors and go to work. I will be honest and say that 90% of the time, the hair wins. I get so frustrated, I just take the biggest knot and start chopping. My poor child is going to look like Edward Scissorhand's is her stylist. I have talked to my stylists and our pediatrician, and they both say that she will grow out of it. My question is when? Before she goes to school or before she is completely bald. If anyone has a suggestion, I would love to hear it. I will try anything at this point. I even suggested to my husband that I was considering the summer buzz cut, but he looked at me like I was crazy. It must of been a moment of weakness. My best solution so far is a haircut! But, I don't think I can go much shorter. Maybe, I will become a better surgeon. Time will tell!




Haircut after bath time!! Please be still, honey, mommy is working her magic and praying for a miracle!


2 comments:

Becky @ Our Sweet Peas said...

No advice to give but she is cute regardless. Twisty hair and all!

Mariah said...

If I could count how many inches of Hannah's hair we had to cut off because of that sucking the thumb, twisting her hair phase...remember that? I hated it. I had no words for you either, because she just finally grew out of it. I know that is NOT what you were hoping to hear:)