Thursday, March 12, 2009

Puzzle Mania




After breakfast, I was sitting quietly reading my runners magazine, when Tanner came downstairs carrying a puzzle. I had to laugh because of the struggle with which he was grasping this puzzle. Out of breath, he tries to tell me something. I use my decoding mommy skills and soon find out the problem. He had a wooden puzzle piece in the right spot, but not at the right angle. He was fired up. He was asking me, "what's broke?" I told him that he had it right, he just needed to twist it. He fixed it and then left with a smile. On the way back to his room, he turns and says, "welcome, mom." Which in toddler, means "your welcome, mommy." (We are working on being polite) I followed him to his room and got on the floor and watched him play puzzles. With every piece he placed in the puzzle, he would raise both hands in the air and cheer. It was precious!! It is so fun to watch my kids growing and learning new things. He was filled with pride. He said, "I did it!!" It was also a good time to practice our colors and numbers. We talked all about dinos and even made some dino sounds. It was fun!!! I love to play with him.

1 comment:

Becky @ Our Sweet Peas said...

So cute. Where did you get the dinosaur puzzle?