Monday, May 18, 2009

A conversation with a 5 year old...




My daughter Rylee woke me up this morning wanting to talk. This is how the conversation went ...

Rylee: Mom, mom get up! Dad says you have to get Kal ready for school. Come on!
Mom: ahhh, 2 more minutes!

Rylee: Mom, wake up. Why are you so tired? If you are tired, you should just lay back down.
Mom: that would be nice!

Rylee: Mom, guess what? We unlocked the punching bag game in the Wii. It is so fun! You punch like this (she is giving me a demo) left, right, left right. You do it a lot of times, very fast. Then, mom, you can win the game. I don't know who unlocked it. Oh, I know DAD unlocked it. Did Dad unlock it, mom? No, wait a minute, you unlocked it, right mom! Oh, probably it was Emma!
Mom: (totally confused, and half asleep) What? Take a breath, child! (I am listening to this as I am running around trying to get Kal ready for school, with my talking shadow!!)

Rylee: Mom, is soccer today? I love soccer! I love to play games. I want to play games everyday. How many games do we play. Is it today, mom! Mom, are we going to Landon's house today? I love Landon's house. It is so fun. I am going to show Landon my hair. I think he will laugh and think it is funny. (She has a ponytail that she slept in, hanging half in and half out of her hair. Really cute!) Mom, do I go to school today? Is this the day for school? Mom.. mom.
Mom: I walk away hoping to get Kal out the door before she is late for school.

Rylee: (seeing Emma) Oh Emma, you are gorgeous! I love you! (Big smile) (The best buds go off to play!)
Mom: Bless you, Emma! Now let's get breakfast on the table and get Kal out the door. I am so tired and that conversation has left me dazed and confused.


Rylee, I love your gift of gab. You are always making me laugh! I am sure that I was just like this as a child. Good thing we have a big family that you can share your gift with. I love you, sweet Rylee Girl!!!







1 comment:

Becky @ Our Sweet Peas said...

Remember when you couldn't wait for their first words???

She is adorable.