Wednesday, May 13, 2009

My take on the Biggest Loser Finale!!

Three hours. Really!!! The "new" material in this finale could of fit into an hour time slot. I know that they must do the recap for us to remember what happen, but isn't that the point of watching the show. I already saw this stuff, I don't need to see it again! Good thing I recorded the 9:00pm to 10:00pm segment, I watched that portion in about 15 minutes. I love being able to fast forward the boring stuff. (In case you are wondering, I had to record it so that I could watch Fringe. If you don't watch Fringe you are missing out. It is my favorite show, behind Lost of course!)
Shout out to the old people!!! You guys rock!! Way to go! You made the young people look weak! I guess there is some hope for those of us who are getting older. Jerry looked amazing. I thought that guy was on his death bed and he lost 177 pounds. Wow!! He is inspiring!! I bet his grand kids are so proud of him. They will get to enjoy extra time with him because of his determination to succeed. How special is that. It makes me want to cry! Did you see the look on Bob and Jillian's face. They were shocked! How cool is that!
Helen (48) biggest loser!!! Awesome! She was playing it cool the whole time. Ron, I guess you were manipulating the wrong person. Bummer, dude! I have to say that I am a little jealous. She weighs 117 pounds. Not fair!! I want to be that small. (well, maybe not that small, but close) Did you catch that she talked about her trainers, not trainer, but trainers. What!! How many did she have? Who is paying for that? Maybe she could lend me one? She does live in Michigan. I try to tell myself that if I had trainers and 6 hours a day to devote to working out, I too could be that size!! I would be content with being 15 pounds lighter! Maybe this would only take 3 hours a day and one trainer. Something to think about! All joking aside, Helen, you look amazing. Great job! You inspire me to keep going! Enjoy the new you!

2 comments:

JudyBright said...

The recap stuff did take up too much time, especially since they rushed through all the live stuff. They had to skip talking to contestants to save time, and then announced the winner with about 20 sec to go in the show. It's like, "Wow Helen won," now local news. See you next season.

Becky @ Our Sweet Peas said...

It was way too long, I agree. I also didn't like the whole "you choose who will be on the next season". I am a "mercy" so it bothered me that they weren't BOTH on. I swear I am such a sucker :)