Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The down side to playing defense ... boredom!


On Tuesday night, Rylee learned that playing defense can be very dull. The ball only ventured over to her side a couple of times, so she soon got distracted by everything around her. She was playing with her fingers, watching her brothers and sisters play on the sideline, and even pulling grass on the field. Steve and I were trying to encourage her by telling her to be ready and watch for the ball. As you can see by the pictures, she was not convinced that she was going to see the ball anytime soon. At one point, a player from the other team got hurt and her coach told the kids to take a knee. Rylee was totally confused. "Now they want me to sit in the grass!" She did make contact with the ball a few times, but I know that next game she will be looking forward to playing offense!!

How sweet! I love this shot. I don't know what she is doing, but she is so cute!

She caught a glimpse of the camera. Might as well make the best of it. Get my good side!
By the way, thank you Mariah for taking these great pictures. My camera is still at war with me and I think that the camera is winning!!

No comments: