Friday, May 22, 2009

What a week!

It has been one of those weeks! Every night of the week, we have plans and I feel like I am running in a million different directions. My house looks like a tornado has landed and when I have a spare minute to straighten up, all I want to do is sit, relax and take a breathe. Here is a sampling of my crazy, busy week ....

Monday: trying to get homeschool wrapped up for Hayden. I only have a few more days left of school. He will spend his last few days at school doing a variety of fun activities. One last test to study for - trying to finish this year strong! Steve has golf tonight, so mom is on her own getting the kids fed, clean and off to bed. A chore with 5 kids. ( FYI - I am glad that my husband gets to play golf once a week. He works so hard. He deserves it!)

Tuesday: Soccer games tonight! I will miss Kal's game again because Rylee's game is at the same time. Bummer!! But, Rylee did score her first goal! I was cheering like a proud momma! She flashed me a huge smile and gave me the thumbs up sign. So sad that Dad missed it. (He coaches Kal's team)

Wednesday: 11:30am take kids to Caesarland to meet Hayden's class. The kids had a blast, but mom was exhausted from watching the kids like a hawk. That place kind of creeps me out. Way too many outside doors where kids could be taken. Can we say "hand sanitizer" after an afternoon of fun. Peel the kids away from the fun and head to the store (yes, Target, what other store would I go to!) Off to pick up Kal from school. Back home so we could rest for a moment, get dinner and then head to church!

Thursday: All kids off to school or preschool, except Tanner. He hates these days. Mommy is not quite as fun as sisters and brothers. My cling on. I can't get anything done. He wants me right by his side. Workout was an adventure! He is now trying to lift weights with me. It is pretty cute! Lunchtime!! A friend brings Subway and we enjoy the beautiful day outside and talk. It was wonderful!! Soon, I put the kids to bed, and it was even more relaxing. After visiting for a while, my friend tells me she smells gas. Call DTE, to report possible gas leak. That was a fun conversation. I believe that I told her my address and name 5 times. Yikes!! The DTE man showed up and found a small leak with the dryer hook up. Fixed it and on his way! Oh good, no house fire today! After dinner, off to workout class at church. Tough! But great!

Friday: Playdate at the park with friends. The kids are lovin' this week. Nice visit with friends. Then off to Pizza Hut for lunch. I love this beautiful weather! Now, home kids in bed. I am going to try to get some stuff done and then relax. Tonight - date night!! At least that is the plan. I am so ready for date night. Let's hope it happens.

This weekend: prepare for my 8k race on Memorial Day, get flowers, plant flowers, and relax. Sort of, next project: getting ready for my garage sale! That is a lot of work!!!

2 comments:

Becky @ Our Sweet Peas said...

DATE NIGHT!!! SOOOOO jealous! Jared and I did get to go to dinner after his game last Saturday but I am already ready for another date!

Such a busy week for you..I am glad that you survived. I hope this wknd is a little less crazy!

Mariah said...

ooooh! I know how to keep your house clean in complete chaos...put it up for sale!!! Works like a charm.