Monday, May 4, 2009

Getting those last few pounds off ... even if it kills me!

Why is it that no matter what I do, those last 10 pounds won't go away? I am convinced that my scale is broken and can't go below a certain weight. It is so frustrating!! I try to tell myself that I am working out and eating right, so who cares about the scale. But then my competitiveness kicks in and I refuse to let the scale win. So the other day, I am reading my friend Becky's blog, and she is talking about Jillian's 30 Day Shred DVD. Apparently, in 30 days my body will look like Jillian Michael's, I am in!! I know what you are thinking, "her body will never look like Jillian's!" You are correct. Having 5 kids in 7 years has killed that dream along with the fact that I can't spend 6 hours a day working out. (Well, that is just 2 reasons why I will never have that body. There are many, many more!) So today, Monday May 4th is day #1. I tell myself, I workout a lot, this will be no problem. Wrong!! I was huffing and puffing! What is going on? Oh no, my muscle are gone!!! I barely get through Level 1 and 2 and then crawl to the couch. "Good, day #1 is over, only 29 more days left!" I can do anything for 30 days, right? We will see. Good thing I am doing this with friends. We can be in pain together! Now that I have completely scared you, why don't you join us. It is probably not as bad as I have described. Just think, when the 30 days are up, it will be June, the beginning of summer and bathing suit shopping season will be here. Oh, goody! Maybe 30 days is not long enough?

1 comment:

Becky @ Our Sweet Peas said...

You linked! Yay!

I am glad I read this today. I am watching Mindy's two and it is a BIT more than I am used to. Needless to say I am on Day 4 and I am already trying to figure out when in the world I will fit it in. I guess it will be at 8pm when the boys go to bed.

Thank goodness it is a 27 min. workout! Hope Rylee remains healthy! Yikes, you guys are really up for some type of record this year!!!